Making Changes for the Better
As part of Wheatland’s continued efforts to control costs, we have identified a number of business practices and processes that can be improved. The Board of Trustees and management anticipate that implementation of these changes will result in improved operational efficiencies, which will help Wheatland continue to keep costs as low as possible.
These changes can be read in their entirety in the revised 2016 Wheatland Rules and Regulations, approved by the Wheatland Board of Trustees on January 28. Additionally, each member should be receiving a letter outlining each of the changes we are making. Listed below are highlights of some of the business practice changes, which will be effective March 1, 2016.
Personnel will no longer be able to accept payment outside of the business office. All payments must be conducted at a Wheatland office, authorized Wheatland payment agent or mailed to a Wheatland office.
Additionally, payments may be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week, online using Smarthub, through the Smarthub App on any mobile device, or via our automated credit card processing service at 844-262-2417.
- Usage will be calculated by the 5th of the month beginning April 5 (for March usage).
- Bills will be issued by the 12th of the month beginning April 12.
- Bills will be due the following 5th of the month, beginning May 5.
- Late charges will be applied on the 6th of the month, beginning May 6.
- The collection fee for bills subject to disconnection will be applied on the 15th of the month, beginning May 15.
- Members who have signed up for bank draft will have their payments drafted on the due date (5th of the month), beginning May 5.
Wheatland will only issue one notice, via direct mailing to any member who is delinquent on their bill and subject to disconnection. This will be the only disconnect notice issued and will be identified as such on the notice. Field personnel will no longer leave notices on doors prior to disconnection.
Arrearage Payment Plans
- May only be offered to members with no previous outstanding payment plans and who have a paid in full deposit (if required).
- Payment Plans for past due accounts cannot exceed six months and cannot extend beyond October 4 of any given year.
- 25 percent of the outstanding balance due must be paid upon Payment Plan inception. The remaining balance will be proportionately applied to the remaining Payment Plan term.
Wheatland will no longer offer after-hours reconnection due to disconnection for non-payment after the first 24 hours from the time of disconnect.
New Fee Structure
The new fee structure is listed in the chart at the top of the page. Previously, Wheatland members in the eastern and western divisions were paying different fees. The new fee structure will be effective for all members regardless of location. If you have any questions about these changes, please call your local Wheatland Electric office.