Cold Weather Accommodation
As of March 1, 2016, Wheatland has adopted the following Cold Weather Accommodation policy for residential members.
All accounts are subject to disconnection when temperatures exceed 35 degrees for a 48-hour period during the winter unless a member requests a cold weather accommodation.
In order for a member to retain electric service when temperatures are above 35 degrees during the cold weather period (November 15th - March 15th), they must comply with the following cold weather accommodation provisions:
1. Inform Wheatland of their inability to pay their account in full.
2. Complete and sign a Cold Weather Accommodation Agreement.
3. Pay ½ of each current bill during the cold weather period.
4. Have a zero balance due at the inception of the cold weather period.
5. Apply for federal, state or local funds for which the member may be eligible for.
6. Agree to make an arrearage payment plan at the conclusion of the cold weather
Members who do not adhere to the Cold Weather Accommodation rules are not eligible for payment arrangements at the conclusion of the cold weather period.
Their entire outstanding balance and applicable fees are due and payable prior to reconnection if service is disconnected after March 15th.
Cold Weather Accommodation : Nov. 15, 2016 - March 15 , 2017